JUSTICE HAS FINALLY BEEN SERVED! Three years after one of the most HORRIFIC alleged “bullying and mistreatment” scandals to hit Strictly Come Dancing, Amanda Abbington has finally received the JUSTICE SHE DESERVES after the BBC decided to pay an UNBELIEVABLE PRICE. The 53-year-old actress shocked viewers when she quit the show just weeks after the competition began in 2023. She later accused her professional dance partner, Giovanni Pernice, of subjecting her to “brutal abuse” during rehearsals, prompting an investigation by the broadcaster. Following the ordeal, the actress said she suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and continued pursuing justice for nearly three years. Now, at last, the BBC has given her the answer she had been fighting for.

Amanda Abbington has received a ‘substantial’ payout from the BBC after she made a legal complaint about her ill-fated stint on Strictly Come Dancing.

The actress, 53, made a shock exit from the show just weeks into the competition in 2023 and later accused her professional partner Giovanni Pernice of subjecting her to ‘vile abuse’ during rehearsals, prompting an enquiry from the broadcaster.

She has now reportedly been given a five-figure out-of-court settlement and a contribution to her legal fees from BBC Studios.

The settlement has reportedly been made in a bid to prevent a lengthy court battle and allowing Amanda – who was subsequently diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) – to put her ordeal behind her.

A source told The Sun on Sunday newspaper: ‘Amanda’s friends and family are all relieved for her that this ordeal is finally over. It’s been a long, hard journey, but now she can close this chapter and move on with her life.

Amanda Abbington has received a ‘substantial’ payout from the BBC after she made a legal complaint about her ill-fated stint on Strictly Come Dancing

‘The fact the BBC have compensated Amanda as well as previously publicly apologising really proves that they are taking responsibility for the bullying she suffered on set.

‘She hopes that this case will give others strength and encourage people to speak up.’

The Daily Mail has contacted representatives Amanda for comment. BBC representatives declined to comment when approached.

Following an investigation by the BBC, Giovanni was cleared of the most serious accusations made against him and the broadcaster issued a formal apology to Amanda.

The report found that some of the language used by Giovanni towards Amanda could be ‘belittling’ and agreed with the Mr Selfridge actress that his feedback was, at times, ‘overly negative’ and that he had used profanity during rehearsals.

The report noted after reviewing several hours of rehearsal footage as part of an official investigation that there were two moments of ‘inappropriate behaviour of sexual banter in the workplace’, which were found to simply have been ‘made and received as jokes’ between the pair.

The actress, 53, made a shock exit from the show and later accused her professional partner Giovanni Pernice of subjecting her to 'vile abuse', prompting an enquiry from the broadcaster

The actress, 53, made a shock exit from the show and later accused her professional partner Giovanni Pernice of subjecting her to ‘vile abuse’, prompting an enquiry from the broadcaster

The Sherlock actress previously admitted she was ‘relieved’ when a cancer scare led to her quitting the competition.

She told The Sun on Sunday newspaper: ‘By my final week, on the Thursday morning, I was in the shower and I found two lumps. I’d got the all-clear after a mammogram a couple of months before.

‘I went in for rehearsals to do the cha-cha-cha and just couldn’t concentrate. Giovanni said, ‘There’s no point teaching you this because it’s not going in. You can’t get it. We’ll be lucky if we get through because you’re useless’.

‘He refused to even look at me so I went to the toilet, came back and said, ‘I’m going to go to the hospital now because I found two lumps in my breast this morning’.

‘Then he was great. He said, ‘Well, let me know how it goes. It was the catalyst I’d been sort of waiting for, which is terrible. But that’s what I was thinking, that it was a healthier option than being in that room.

‘I’ve championed breast cancer charities but there was a part of me that was like, ‘OK, I have to deal with this now instead. Phew.”

Related Posts

Major Drama on the Studh D Truck – Internal Meltdown Right in Front of Customers! A heated argument suddenly erupted within the Studh D team, turning the already high-pressure food truck environment into a scene of intense tension. Kitchen crises—compounded by inventory issues common to the food truck business—caused the team members to lose their cool. Snappy remarks were exchanged right in front of customers, severely damaging the team’s image. Yet, the situation could easily have been resolved had the members simply remained calm. So, what turned a routine food truck issue into such an intense internal conflict?

The final stretch of the competition turned into a nightmare for several teams after the pressure to maximize sales pushed them far beyond their kitchens’ actual capacity….

SHE CASUALLY EXPOSES EVERYTHING! Venezuela Fury, 16, couldn’t wait another second and appeared absolutely furious as she revealed that her husband, Noah Price, 19, had KNOCKED HER TO THE FLOOR in a shocking incident. The 16-year-old social media influencer had travelled to Wembley in London with Noah, 19, to watch a country singer perform when the incident occurred. Fans initially urged Venezuela to forgive her husband, but what she revealed about exactly what happened quickly left them speechless.

Venezuela Fury has revealed how a night out with husband Noah Price took an unexpected turn when a pair of bargain heels gave up on her outside…

CONCEPT THEFT! – A TEAM ON *THE GREAT FOOD TRUCK RACE* ACCUSED OF RENAMING AN EXISTING DISH TO TACKLE A CHALLENGE! The latest episode of *The Great Food Truck Race* took the five remaining teams to a whimsical, fairytale-like village in Knoxville, where host Tyler Florence tasked them with creating a dish steeped in fantasy themes. The challenge already placed immense pressure on the teams, requiring them to balance the fantasy aesthetic with the need for rapid service. However, controversy quickly erupted when a savory food truck team was accused of “concept theft.” Instead of genuinely creating a new recipe, they allegedly took an existing menu item and simply gave it a fantastical name to make it fit the challenge requirements. This immediately intensified the rivalry between the sweet and savory teams, as the line between “creative adaptation” and “rebranding an old dish” came under scrutiny.

The Great Food Truck Race is facing another round of criticism after its latest challenge was accused of borrowing heavily from the kind of gimmicky concept that…

AFTER THEIR LATEST FAILURE, HARRY AND MEGHAN HAVE RECEIVED A PIECE OF ADVICE THEY PROBABLY DON’T WANT TO HEAR. Cookie Queens came out of Sundance with considerable attention and Meghan Markle’s name behind it, yet earned only around $327,797 from 446 theaters during its opening weekend. Even worse, CatVideoFest 2026 — 71 minutes of viral cat videos — brought in roughly $569,000 despite playing in just 255 theaters. Kinsey Schofield argues that the Sussexes don’t need another rebrand, PR campaign, or wave of glossy announcements. Their efforts to prove they could succeed without relying on their royal fame have clearly been accompanied by a series of costly professional missteps. According to Schofield, the thing that could save their professional reputation now may be the exact opposite of what celebrities normally do — and the opposite of the kind of public prominence Meghan has long pursued. Details here…

For Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, the problem may no longer be getting people to notice them. The harder challenge is proving they can create something people…

“THIS CHALLENGE IS RIDICULOUS!” – THE GREAT FOOD TRUCK RACE CRITICIZED FOR “COPYING” TOP CHEF! A challenge in Episode 4 of The Great Food Truck Race is sparking conversation among viewers; the execution is being criticized for bearing too strong a resemblance to a *Top Chef* format—specifically, a task requiring teams to ski and locate miscellaneous items hidden inside blocks of ice before proceeding to the cooking phase. However, instead of delivering a fun and dramatic experience, many viewers found the segment unengaging and lacking in creativity. Notably, the inclusion of physical activities outside the kitchen invited direct comparisons to Top Chef, ultimately making this one of the most tedious and absurd challenges The Great Food Truck Race has ever presented.

A challenge on The Great Food Truck Race is drawing plenty of criticism online after viewers compared it to one of Top Chef’s most unusual challenges —…

HE’S BEEN BACKED INTO A CORNER! Shane Richie has left fans deeply concerned after being FORCED to sell his family’s £1.75 million five-bedroom home in Surrey, where he and his ex-wife had lived for 18 years. Now, just over a month after his divorce from Christie Goddard, Shane has unexpectedly put the family home on the market for an UNBELIEVABLE REASON — leaving fans stunned as they realize just how serious the difficult situation he is going through has become.

EastEnders favourite Shane Richie is reportedly preparing to say goodbye to the Surrey home he shared with his family as he begins a new chapter following the…