GOOD FOR THEM — HARRY AND MEGHAN HAVE A NEW HOME, BUT THEY CAN’T HIDE THE AMBITION BEHIND IT. The Sussexes are reportedly all set with a place to stay ahead of bringing Archie and Lilibet back to the UK later this month. And it likely comes as no surprise to anyone that not a single palace or Royal residence is said to be waiting for them this time around. Instead, one particular area is being floated as the near-perfect choice: close enough for Harry to stay near King Charles, yet distant enough for Meghan to avoid Royal life—especially William and Catherine. Even more intriguing, this location holds ties that are already deeply familiar to Meghan herself. And if the current clues are anything to go by, this secret address may have accidentally exposed who Harry truly wants to be closest to upon his return to Britain… Full details below.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have apparently solved one of the biggest practical questions surrounding their dramatic return to Britain: they already have somewhere to live.

What nobody knows is where.

And that mystery may ultimately tell us far more than the size, price or style of their new home.

NINTCHDBPICT000909458203

According to a report by The Sun published on August 20, 2026, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have already secured a secret British residence ahead of their return at the end of this month. The precise location is being kept under wraps, while Archie, seven, and Lilibet, five, are expected to enrol at British schools as the family stays for an “extended period of time.”

Yet several possible locations highlighted in the report reveal the complicated choices facing Harry.

Wherever he chooses, someone important is nearby.

The Cotswolds: Closer to Charles — and Meghan’s Old World

Perhaps the most intriguing possibility is the Cotswolds.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2026/08/britains-prince-harry-duke-sussex-1102222162.jpg?resize=960,640&quality=90&strip=all

The area has become increasingly attractive to American celebrities looking for privacy and discretion. But for Harry, there is another obvious advantage: King Charles’s Highgrove Estate is nearby.

That matters because the Sussexes were guests at Highgrove in July.

Choosing the Cotswolds would therefore put Harry geographically closer to his father at a moment when that relationship appears increasingly important.

It could suit Meghan, too.

Nearby Soho Farmhouse already has a place in the Sussex story. Meghan is friends with Soho House executive Markus Anderson, sometimes nicknamed the “King of Soho House,” who helped arrange discreet meetings for Meghan and Harry during the early stages of their relationship, including at Soho Farmhouse and 76 Dean Street.

There is another familiar connection.

Ellen DeGeneres previously owned property in the Cotswolds and had been a friend and neighbour of Meghan in California. Meghan appeared on Ellen’s talk show in 2021, while Harry and Meghan attended Ellen and Portia de Rossi’s vow renewal in 2023. Ellen later said the Sussexes had taken in one of her rescue chickens.

There have, however, also been rumours of tension between Meghan and Ellen since Ellen moved to Britain.

Althorp: Harry’s Most Emotional Option

Another possibility carries considerably more emotional weight.

Harry could choose to establish himself near Althorp House in Northamptonshire, Princess Diana’s childhood home and the place where she is buried.

NINTCHDBPICT001097200701

Harry’s uncle Earl Spencer lives there.

More significantly, Harry took Archie and Lilibet on an emotional visit to Diana’s grave during their recent time in Britain.

Living near Althorp would therefore mean something very different from simply choosing a fashionable countryside address. It could allow Harry’s children to grow up close to an important part of their paternal family history and the memory of the grandmother they never met.

But there is no confirmation that this is what Harry has chosen.

Windsor Creates a William Problem

Then there is Windsor.

On paper, it would make perfect sense. Royals have long chosen the peaceful area for family life, and Harry would remain geographically connected to the institution into which he was born.

But Windsor comes with one potentially uncomfortable complication: William and Catherine.

The Prince and Princess of Wales have established their long-term “forever home” at nearby Forest Lodge.

With relations between the Waleses and Sussexes still described as icy, The Sun suggests it is unlikely the two couples would deliberately choose to live particularly close to each other.

Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, in a suit, smiling at a roundtable about support for veterans.

That turns an ordinary property decision into something more revealing.

Harry may be returning to Britain, but that does not mean he necessarily wants to return to William’s immediate orbit.

Norfolk presents a similar difficulty. Charles has Sandringham there, while William and Catherine have Anmer Hall.

For a couple attempting to create an independent British life, that could simply be too close to the Royal Family.

A Very Different Return From Frogmore

There is also the unavoidable shadow of Frogmore Cottage.

The late Queen Elizabeth II gave Harry and Meghan Frogmore, but that belonged to an entirely different chapter of their lives.

The Sussexes married in 2018. In January 2020, they announced that they were stepping back from senior royal duties, with the Sandringham Agreement ruling out the “half-in, half-out” model they had sought.

Their final official engagement as working royals came that March before their move to California.

Then came the Oprah interview in 2021, their Netflix documentary in 2022 and Harry’s memoir Spare in 2023.

General view of the gardens at Highgrove House.

Charles was diagnosed with cancer in 2024. Harry subsequently reunited with his father, and by 2026 the Sussex family was again spending time in Britain, including visiting Diana’s childhood home.

Now they are coming back for much longer.

Yet they are not simply undoing Megxit.

Harry and Meghan will retain their approximately £11 million Montecito mansion. They will also keep their Portuguese property, which they used recently before travelling to Britain.

Frogmore House and its reflection in the water.

Harry himself appeared delighted as news of the move emerged, smiling and laughing at a veterans’ event in Washington.

King Charles, however, reportedly learned only on Sunday that his son and daughter-in-law were returning.

So the Sussexes have secured their British base before the public — and apparently much of the royal world — knows exactly what their new life will look like.

That makes the address unusually significant.

Cotswolds could mean proximity to Charles and familiar social connections for Meghan. Northamptonshire could place Harry closer to Diana’s resting place. Windsor or Norfolk would reconnect the Sussexes geographically with royal life but risk putting them uncomfortably close to William and Catherine.

The location remains secret, and none of those possibilities has been confirmed as their actual home.

But when that secret finally emerges, the postcode may tell its own story.

Because Harry and Meghan have already decided to return to Britain.

The more interesting question now is who they have chosen to come home to — and who they have deliberately chosen not to live beside.

Related Posts

A BITTER REALITY HAS COME CRASHING DOWN ON HARRY AND MEGHAN. Meghan once complained that their home at Kensington Palace was too small, while Frogmore Cottage was reportedly seen as unsuitable for the status of a British prince like Harry. But this time, as they rush back to Britain, the home they may have to accept could be seen as the price of the wounds they left behind. There is one enormous difference between this new home and everything Harry once had — and it may say far more about the couple’s position today than the address itself…

There is something deeply symbolic about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle returning to Britain six years after Megxit and discovering that “home” now means something very different….

THANK YOU, MR PRESIDENT — YOUR GIFT TO BRITAIN IS RATHER HARD TO ACCEPT. Relations between Harry and the U.S. President have hardly been warm, with the Duke previously publicly challenging Trump over his remarks about NATO and Afghanistan. Now, the Sussexes are suddenly preparing to bring their entire family back to Britain — and Trump’s supporters have wasted no time taking credit. That is because some believe Harry and Meghan’s latest move has a reason directly connected to Trump — but it may not be quite what the public thinks…

Six years ago, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle left royal life behind and eventually settled in California, creating a new future thousands of miles from Buckingham Palace….

SERIOUSLY? THE U.S. PRESIDENT MAY BE THE REASON BRITAIN IS ABOUT TO GET ITS HARRY AND MEGHAN HEADACHE BACK. Just hours after news broke that the Sussexes were preparing to return to Britain, MAGA allies wasted no time mocking the couple. Katie Miller bluntly claimed that they were heading back to the UK for one reason directly connected to Trump. At first, many might have dismissed it as little more than a joke. But when you look at what Harry is now preparing to do in Britain, Trump may indeed be part of the story — just not in the way the public might think…

Six years ago, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle left royal life behind and eventually settled in California, creating a new future thousands of miles from Buckingham Palace….

NO MATTER WHAT, A FATHER WILL ALWAYS BE A FATHER! King Charles is reportedly among those happiest to hear that his youngest son, Prince Harry, will be returning to Britain with his wife and two children for an extended stay, bringing them closer to his ageing father. Harry, 41, and Meghan, 45, are reportedly preparing to return to the UK for a lengthy period, while Archie and Lilibet are said to have been enrolled at a British school. The King is reportedly eager for an opportunity to meet privately with his younger son and his family. However, an insider claims that despite his happiness at the prospect of being reunited with his son and grandchildren, the King was also deeply frustrated by the sudden way in which he learned about their plans. Charles was reportedly informed only on Sunday that the Sussexes intended to return to Britain later this month — despite having met Harry just three weeks earlier during the prince’s previous visit to the UK, when Harry apparently said nothing to his father about the plan. As a result, the Royal Family — together with King Charles — has reportedly laid down ONE TOUGH CONDITION for Harry, forcing the prince to face the consequences of his impulsive decision…

King Charles III reportedly learned only days ago that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were preparing to move their family back to Britain — despite the Sussexes…

BROOKE WILLIAMSON’S 𝔹𝕆𝕃𝔻 𝔻𝔼ℂ𝕃𝔸ℝ𝔸𝕋𝕀𝕆ℕ TO BOBBY FLAY. ᴅᴇғᴇᴀᴛɪɴɢ culinary icon Bobby Flay on his own home turf, the Beat Bobby Flay arena, is already an incredibly grueling challenge. Yet, besting him with the very dish that defines his signature style, fresh Bolognese lasagna, is a truly rare feat. Immediately after her decisive victory was announced on air, super-chef Brooke Williamson didn’t hesitate to deliver a ʙᴏʟᴅ, ғɪᴇʀʏ sᴛᴀᴛᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ.

Defeating culinary icon Bobby Flay inside his own Beat Bobby Flay kitchen is already one of the toughest challenges a chef can face on television. Doing it…

SHE CELEBRATED TOO SOON! Education Secretary Lucy Powell appeared absolutely delighted by the news that Harry and Meghan were returning to Britain and that Archie and Lilibet would be attending school in the UK. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are reportedly set to return to Britain within days for an extended stay, while Archie, 7, and Lilibet, 5, have reportedly already been enrolled at a British school. Powell could barely hide her smile as she described the development as a positive sign for Britain and “an endorsement of our education system.” However, the moment she discovered WHICH SCHOOL the Sussexes had chosen for their two children, Lucy Powell’s smile reportedly vanished instantly.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s decision to educate their two children in Britain has received an enthusiastic response from Education Secretary Lucy Powell, as the Sussex family…